Can you believe this is my FIRST gluten free bake :0 nope, me neither!
I’m not one to bake for myself (I love baking for other people) so I guess this is why you’ve never seen any on my blog. Anyway, I am SO proud of my first gluten and dairy free loaf.
I wanted to make something that I would enjoy eating at anytime of the day, whether that be for breakfast (with some yogurt) or with a cuppa after lunch & I think the loaf I’ve made is perfect for just that. It’s a light bake that’s low in natural sugar, it’s not particularly sweet (which personally I love) and it’s super easy to make, with only a few ingredients.
I used a small dish to bake my loaf in which I would also recommend if you’re sticking to the measurements below.
- 125g gluten free self raising flour – I used Doves Farm
- 30g ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 50g maple syrup – I used Clarks original 45% less sugar
- 80g fresh raspberries
- Drop almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 180, line your tin with baking paper
- Mix in a bowl your self raising flour, ground almonds and baking powder
- Fold in your eggs and maple syrup to your dry mixture
- Add a drop of almond milk to create a thick cakey mixture
- Gently fold in your raspberries
- Bake in the middle of your oven for 35 minutes – after 25 minutes I covered my cake with foil and left for the remainder 10 minutes of baking.
I would absolutely LOVE if you could tag me if you make this one, and any feedback would be massively appreciated.. especially as this is my first cake, I would love to hear if you want me to make more?