I think this may be my first non savoury recipe :0 I have to admit I am a savoury girl, but of course I love sweet foods too.
Can you really go wrong with apple & cinnamon? For me, no, no you can’t! The combo is too good! Plus being we’re in autumn these soft bakes are SO seasonal (which I love!) 🍂
My recipe is gluten free & refined sugar free.
FYI – Depending what apples you use, apples are low fodmap in around 20/25g serving (when peeled).
The recipe below makes 10
To make you will need;
- 80g thick gluten free oats
- 1 scoop Awesome Supplements vanilla vegan protein (35g) https://awesomesupplements.co.uk/products/vegan-protein#product-tabs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Large pinch mixed spice
- 1 small apple – de cored & grated
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice pip & nut almond butter https://www.pipandnut.com/blogs/blog/introducing-pumpkin-spice-almond-butter
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Freedom caramel syrup https://sweetfreedom.co.uk/products/caramel-syrup/
- 50ml unsweetened almond milk
1. Preheat your oven to 180 • – Add your oats, protein, cinnamon, baking powder and mixed spice to a bowl – stir well
2. Add your apple to your dry ingredients along with your egg, almond butter and syrup – mix well (it should be very dry at this point)
3. Add your almond milk slowly and mix all ingredients together – you should now have a thick batter
4. Line your baking tray with baking paper. Using a teaspoon scoop a large spoonful of mixture and add to your tray, flatten slightly with the back of your spoon.
5. Bake for 12 minutes at 180•
6. Leave to cool & tuck in! P.S these also taste so fab the day after 😋
Please tag me if you make these as I would love to hear what you think 🥰