If you’ve not heard of the company before, they currently offer a range of five natural sauces, which eliminate the usual ‘hard to avoid’ trigger foods (yay)
All of the sauces are free from;
Gluten, dairy, tomato, onion, garlic, yeast, soya and have no added sugar.
I can fully confirm they are a god send, they taste amazing and make cooking a yummy meal tons easier (without all the fuss). I usually save my sauces for the weekend.. when ordering a takeaway is way too much hassle to get right, and I just don’t want to spend hours cooking like I do on the weekdays 🕰
When I￼￼￼ saw they offer a white sauce I knew exactly what I wanted to make… a fodmap friendly veggie moussaka 😍
It was so good, that I couldn’t not share the recipe with you all! So here it is..
As usual the below serves one;
- Bellygoodness white sauce – 75g
- Quorn mince – 100g
- Aubergine sliced – 75g (if you can tolerate more I would increase the amount due to layering)
- Potatoes – 175g
- Chopped tomatoes – 150g
- Oregano – 1 1/2 tsp
- Bay leaf – 1
- Mixed spice – 1/4 tsp
- Ground cinnamon – 1/4 tsp
- Slice your aubergine into thin strips, add to a baking tray & spray with fry light or oil of choice. Oven bake at 180• until soft
- Chop your potatoes into slices and boil until softened (around 10 minutes)
- Whilst the aubergine and potatoes are cooking, add your quorn mince to a frying pan. Add all your herbs including your chopped tomatoes and allow to simmer for 15 minutes
- Spray an ovenproof dish with your oil of choice, add a layer of your cooked potatoes, followed by your aubergine & then lastly your mince, remembering to remove the bay leaf (note that if you use a fodmap serving of aubergine it won’t cover the full dish, therefore don’t use it all for one layer)
- Repeat stage 4.
- Top with your bellygoodness sauce
- Pop under the grill until the top has crisped
As with all my recipes please let me know if you give this a go, I would love to hear what you think 💜