I’m so so happy with the way my low fodmap chicken pot pie turned out ☺️ it took a couple of attempts but I’m finally there. The recipe below serves one but can be easily altered to serve more.
The dish is great for topping with either gluten free pastry, or mash (like I have in my recipe).
Please let me know if you give this a go, I would LOVE to hear what you think!
- 1 fillet chicken, diced
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 54g green part leek, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 fodmap chicken stock cube (I used sainsburys own brand)
- 1 1/2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 200ml unsweetened almond milk
- Spray your frying pan with your oil of choice, I used fry light. Add your leeks & carrots & fry until the leeks have gone soft (I used heat number 6)
- Add your cubed fillet of chicken & fry until sealed
- Add your chicken stock, bay leaf, mustard, almond milk & cornflour. Turn the heat down (I turned mine down to 4 simmer gently until the chicken is cooked through & the sauce has thickened
- Remove your bay leaf, and add all remainder ingredients to your dish
You can now top with either gluten free pastry or mash. I topped mine with mash
- Boil 250g (once peeled) potatoes until soft – I used Maris Piper
- Once soft, drain & add 50ml unsweetened almond milk, season with pepper
- Mash altogether
- Top your dish and pop under the grill until crisp