Another one of my make ahead dishes, perfect for lunch or dinners!
Can be prepped in advanced, ready to finish in the oven for when you’re ready ☺️
- Half aubergine 🍆
- 50g leek (only if you can tolerate)
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 125g mince (I use either 5% fat beef or 7% fat turkey mince)
- 1tsp oregano 🌿
- 2tsp mixed herbs
- 1 bay leaf 🍃
- 1/4 knorr ham hock stock cube (optional)
- 150g chopped tomatoes
- 1 egg white
- Start by slicing your aubergine and placing in a baking tray, drizzle over your balsamic vinegar and give a good few sprays of fry light
2. Put fairly high in the oven (as pictured) at 180C, and bake for around 20-25 minutes. You want your aubergine to look like my picture below when you take it out.
3. Whilst your aubergine is cooking start to make the filling. Add your mince to the saucepan with a few sprays of fry light and cook until browned (if you’re using leeks add these in at the same time as your mince)…
You can also add any vegetable you want to bulk it out, I like chopped carrots in mine also 🥕
4. Once your mince is cooked, add your oregano, mixed herbs, 1/4 stock cube (if using) and your bay leaf. Give a good stir and leave to cook for a few minutes more.
5. Add your chopped tomatoes 🍅 and let simmer for 15 minutes
6. Once your mince is cooked and finished you can start layering! Start with your aubergine, and then layer with your mince, and repeat once more like so;
7. Once this is done if you’re pre making I would cover in cling film and pop in the fridge. If you’re cooking for now whisk your egg white and pour over the top of your bake.
8. You now want to turn on the oven, place your bake in, and cook until the egg white has turned glazed, and your bake is looking nice and crispy
9. Enjoy! 😉😋
Please let me know if you make any of my recipes, would love to hear your thoughts!