Another little one pot wonder with a Mexican twist – Hello 😍
I don’t know about you but I love a one pot dish for dinner. Time saving, less fuss & saves me picking at other foods when I’ve come home late from gym starving 🙊
Now this has got a slight fiery kick 🌶 so beware if you’re not a fan of the old spice! I’ve made my recipe not too hot but it can easily be tweaked for your own personal preference ☺️
You can cook this dish all in one go, however I actually cook my chicken in the oven beforehand to make it even quicker for me to rustle together when I get home.
I always try and prep my dinners as much as I can the day/few days before to help myself out. Who else is the same?
Please be aware I’ve used leeks in this recipe as I can tolerate them. However they are highfodmap so if you’re on restriction phase, or just can’t tolerate them leave them out ☺️
So here it is…
P.S. Ironically I’m eating this dish as I’m writing this out and I can fully confirm it’s yummy 😋
- 1 fillet chicken
- 1 red or yellow pepper sliced
- 60g leek (if you can tolerate) chopped
- 50g courgette
- 1/4 fodmap friendly chicken stock (i use Sainsbury’s basic stock)
- 30g basmati rice
- 125g chopped tomatoes
- 40g canned peas
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp chipotle flakes (my secret ingredient!)
- Spray your frying pan with garlic infused fry light/or your oil of choice. If you haven’t already done so cook your chicken through (I cooked mine the day before in the oven). If using leeks and your chicken is cooked add the leeks to your pan and let cook for around 5 minutes on a low-medium heat (until they start to sweat)
- Add your sliced peppers and courgette to the frying pan, cook for a further 2 minutes, add all spices and cook for another minute
- Add your chicken stock, rice, chopped tomatoes, and enough water for the rice to simmer in
- Turn the heat up so your rice is simmering, stirring a few times.
- If you’ve pre cooked your chicken, tear into strips and add these to your simmering pan whilst the rice cooks
- A couple of minutes before your dish is ready to serve chuck in your peas to allow to heat through
Voila. Tuck in and enjoy 😋
It really is that simple!
Would love to hear if you give this a go and how yours turns out 🥘