I’m always trying to think of dinners I can make in advance, so when I get home late after gym all I need to do is re heat, and maybe chuck a few other ingredients in!
I look online a lot for inspiration and came across a one pot dish that inspired me to recreate my own. I make this a day ahead, and reheat on the hob when I get home from the gym the following evening.
It does have a slight kick, so I would advise leaving out the chilli powder if spice isn’t your thing! & if you want it spicier I would add some fresh chilli 🌶
- 125g 5% lean beef mince
- Half Aubergine chopped
- Half Courgette chopped
- 125g Chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tsp hot paprika
- 1 1/2 Tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tsp curry powder (fodmap friendly – I use one from waitrose)
- 1/2 Tsp fodmap friendly chilli powder
- 50g quinoa (cooked weight)
- Handful spinach (optional)
- Spray the pan with fry light, or any other oil you want to use. Add your mince and cook for a few minutes browning all over.
- Add all your spices, and your courgette and aubergine. Mix all together and cook until the mince is browned all over
- Once the mince is browned add your chopped tomatoes and allow to simmer for around 40 minutes – 1 hour (this will allow your veg to cook)
- Add your already cooked quinoa and a handful spinach, stir in and leave to simmer for a few minutes more
- Season as required, and enjoy
Would love to hear if you give this a go! Please tag me on insta @fitnessfodmap_