I am a massive lover of soup!
I prefer a thick soup that I can dunk some good bread in 🍜
After being on the lowfodmap diet I discovered that basically every soup is forbidden! All the extra ingredients such as garlic/onion powder that gets added means they are out of bounds 😩
I missed soup so much, and thought why have I never made my own, how hard can it be?
So… after a few attempts I came up with this Indian spiced potato & chicken soup
And, I must say, it’s now one of my favourite dinners! It can be made the day before, and is so easy to follow!
- 1 x Chicken Breast / Left Over Chicken
- 1/4 Chicken Stock Cube (fodmap friendly – I use Sainsbury’s chicken stock cubes, fodmap friendly and so cheap!)
- 2 x Carrots Peeled (Around 125g)
- 125g peeled and chopped potato
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala (ensure fodmap friendly)
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- If you don’t already have left over cooked chicken to use put 1 fillet of chicken in the oven to cook
- Spray fry lite in your saucepan and add your ground cumin, garam masala, turmeric, carrots and potatoes.
- Turn the heat to low and coat your carrots and potatoes
- Make 400ml chicken stock
- Put stock in your pan, bring to the boil and leave until both your carrots and potatoes are tender
- Once your chicken is cooked use a fork to shred. Using all ingredients from your saucepan and half your chicken blend together
- All back to your saucepan, adding the remainder chicken
- Season if desired, and serve
Hope you enjoy, please let me know if you give this a go and what you think ☺️