This is such a quick and easy Lowfodmap recipe for protein oats that anyone can do ☺
I stick to two types of protein which are both Lowfodmap. I use either ‘That Protein Brown Rice and Raw Cacao Protein’ and ‘Bulk Powders’ beef protein in banana fudge flavour (can be bought online).
Both protein powders mix well in oats so I would recommend either. Personally I’m not a massive chocolate fan so sometimes use both proteins in my oats, the flavour is so good 👌🏻
For my recipe below I used both proteins, however you can use one if you prefer ☺
- 30g gluten free oats
- 300ml unsweetened almond milk
- 15g protein (either one mentioned above) I used half of each.
- Mix oats with almond milk and transfer to the hob. Keep on a medium/low heat
- Allow oats to cook slowly, wait until simmering and lower the temperature. If the mixture becomes too thick add more almond milk
- Once the mixture has thickened slightly add your protein in, continue stirring
- Remove from the heat when you have your desired consistency.
- Add toppings if desired, I used strawberries for mine🍓
A little tip – if I use solely chocolate protein I also add granulated stevia and/or peanut butter to take away some bitterness.