I have a bit of a sweet tooth! But mostly try to stick to low sugar foods/meals.
I always try to make something a little different for myself when it’s the weekend as I have more time on my hands, and see it is a treat 😊
I came up with a low sugar, low calorie french toast recipe that I thought I would share with you all 😋
Let me know if you give it a go!
- 2 Slices gluten free bread
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 Tsp mixed spice
- 100ml Almond milk
- Mix your egg, almond milk, cinnamon and mixed spice together
- Spray your pan with fry light and turn to a medium heat (I find this works best to give the French toast a crispy/golden outside whilst cooking on the inside)
- Dip your bread in the mixture turning to ensure both sides have been evenly covered
- Cook the bread slices for around 5-6 minutes on each side (or until you have a golden/crispy outside)
- Remove and add your favourite toppings! I used a mixture of raspberry ‘jam’ that I made, and blueberries.
- Add an extra sprinkling of cinnamon and/or stevia if desired